Huron has a number of historic properties listed on the U.S. Department of Interior, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places. The following files provide information about the seven properties that are individually listed on the National Register. The Pyle House is perhaps the best known of the individually listed historic properties.
In addition to seven individually listed historic properties, Huron also has a historic district that is listed on the National Register. Created in 1974, the Campbell Park Historic District of Huron is an irregularly shaped district including about seven square blocks of mostly residential properties located south of downtown. Campbell and Winter Parks are in the district as well as two prominent community churches and the Campbell Park band shell. As noted in the 2009 Reclassification of the district, there are 134 resources (primarily residences) built between 1880 and 1948 in the historic district. The majority of the houses (56) were built between 1900 and 1921. Predominant architectural styles in the district include Queen Anne, Colonial Revival, and Bungaloid.
The Huron Board of Historic Preservation has adopted controls that are in effect for six of the individually listed historic properties. State and Federal regulations are in effect for the properties located in the Campbell Park Historic District. The 2009 Campbell Park Historic District Reclassification of Contributing / Non-Contributing Resources and the original 1974 National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Forms are included here. A map of the district is the last page of the nomination file.